Effective implementation of Agenda 2030 and the SDGs will require access to knowledge and information, not only for policy makers and leaders to design well-informed and effective policies and strategies, but also for committed and engaged individuals around the world to guarantee that no one is left behind.
The Division for Sustainable Development in the UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) are co-organizing the HLPF SDGs Learning, Training and Practice sessions – a capacity building, networking and experience-sharing event, with high-level speakers and experts on crucial topics related to the implementation of Agenda 2030 and the SDGs. And ICAE co-organized one of these 9 selected training sessions on and presented the ICAE Academy of Lifelong Learning Advocacy (IALLA) in this context:
Student engagement towards realizing the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
11 July 2018, 11.45 AM – 01.00 PM, United Nations, New York
|11.45 AM – 11.55 AM||Opening and outline of workshop by facilitator – Mr. Jean-Christophe Carteron, Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, Kedge Business School|
|11.55 AM – 12.35 PM||Introductory presentations (10 minutes each)
1. Ms. Katarina Popovic, Secretary General, International Council for Adult Education (ICAE), Professor for Adult Education at the University of Belgrade
2. Ms. Wendy M. Purcell, Environmental Association for Universities and Colleges and the SDG Accord: Collaborations for change
3. Mr. Takeshi Utsumi, Global University System (GUS)
4. Mr. Aurelien Decamps, Sustainability Literacy Test (SULITEST)
1. How can student engage with your initiative/project?
2. What value added has been gained, and what lessons have been learned, from engaging students in your initiative/project?
3. How are you measuring impact of your initiative/project?
4. How are you connecting engagement by students with local/global actions?
5. What would need to scale your initiative/project?
|12.35 PM – 01.00 PM||Interactive dialogue with trainers and participants|
You can download the program here: Programe
The HLPF SDGs Learning, Training and Practice sessions aim at providing space for Governments, academic institutions, think tanks and other stakeholders to offer learning and training sessions on sustainable development implementation during intergovernmental meetings at the United Nations. It provided an opportunity to HLPF participants to acquire practical knowledge, information, skills, training as well as exchange of views on lessons learned, experiences and best practices to find effective sustainable solutions to challenges in their countries, communities, cities, villages and/or neighbourhoods.
Concretely, the HLPFSDGs Learning, Training and Practice sessions aim to advance:
- Knowledge and skills acquisition
- Sharing experiences and peer to peer collaboration
- Learning about practical actions and best practices
- Capacity building
- Practical policy integration and coherence
The HLPF SDGs Learning, Training and Practice will be a permanent feature at HLPF sessions in the coming years and will serve as an important learning and training platform to facilitate the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
More Information can be found here: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/hlpf/2018/SDGsLearning