The aim of this project is to strive for social inclusion and change by improving and extending the supply of high-quality learning opportunities for adults, through the creation of a comprehensive guide for creating and maintaining safe spaces for learning, including extended research on safe space mentality in the life systems of people, meaning family, community and international identity.
The project also aims to increase learning demand and take-up through effective outreach, guidance and motivation strategies that will be facilitated by the creation of a storytelling board game that will aim to not only recognize the safe and unsafe elements of a learning environment but also provide solutions, highlight the struggle and work towards resolving conflicts through understanding.Target groups of the project:
- the broad adult education community including adult educators and adult education providers
- adult learners and specifically adult learners that either as individuals or as communities have been subjected to discriminatory behaviours towards their gender, social status, race
and/or culture and academic/ learning performance
- policy makers, workers for adult education provision and researchers with a European gravitas in matters of creating safe spaces for learning, social inclusion and battling inequalities
- Escola Profissional Amar Terra Verde (EPATV) – Portugal
- DAFNI KEK – Greece
- PATATRAC – Italy
- European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA) – Belgium
- DIE WIENER VOLKSHOCHSCHULEN GMBH – Austria
- International Council for Adult Education – Serbia
New website, Safespace.eu is online now.
Find here relevant outcome documents: