- The only global civil society organisation for adult education.
- Active in all regions, around the globe.
- Established in 1973, with members on all continents, in more than 70 countries.
- Voice and service of global popular, non-formal, youth and adult education communities.
- The link between grassroots level and global policymaking, helping to translate the global agendas to the national and local policies and practices.
- Rooted in a long-held human-rights approach and democratic values, linked with the future through modern technologies and professional approach.
What is our mission?
ICAE’s mission is to promote learning and education of adults and young people in pursuit of social justice within the framework of human rights in all its dimensions, to secure the healthy, sustainable and democratic development of individuals, communities, and societies. ICAE’s mission and the ultimate goal is to achieve social justice in a framework where human rights are fulfilled in its entire dimension.