Making universal and free Education vital – ICAE at the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development 2017
ICAE will participate in and actively contribute to the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development 2017 (HLPF), taking place at UN Headquarters in New York, 10-19 July 2017. Under the auspices of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC), this years meeting focuses on the topic of “Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing world”.
The set of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be reviewed in depth will be the following:
- Goal 1.End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2.End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3.Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 5.Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 9.Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 14.Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
During the two weeks, plenary sessions, followed by official-moderated dialogues and side events will take place.
In the framework of the Education and Academic Stakeholder Group (EASG), ICAE will organize a side event on “Making SDG4s Commitment to Universal, Free Education Vital” on the 10th of July (1:15-2:30, Conference Room B in the UN Conference Building). More information you can find HERE!