ICAE, with the Education Academia Stakeholder Group (EASG), invites to its side event at the 2019 UN High-level Political Forum (HLPF)!
July 12th, 6:30 – 8:00 PMConference Room A, UN Conference Building, NYC
Education is widely recognized as a human right and enabling right – a precondition for the dignity for human life! Yet, recent UNESCO data shows that we are lagging behind and huge number of people are left behind. This event will bust myths around the implementation and monitoring of SDG4, recognizing the indivisibility and interdependence of all human rights across the 17 SDGs.
Panelists will explore the approaches and preconditions for quality education at all levels and across the globe and the musts and must not’s in education, for fostering sustainable development and human rights as a way of life. Education needs to be able to unlock all its power needed for sustainable and just development.
Opening remarks and moderation by Global Campaign for Education
• What is needed to unlock the full potentials of SDG4 – busting some myths – Katarina Popovic (ICAE)
• More and better data – the way to make the case for education – Silvia Montoya (UNESCO Institute for Statistics)
• Fostering equality through public education systems: the role of teachers- Antonia Wulff ( Education International)
• Building inclusion: Migration, displacement and education – Manos Antoninis (Director of Global Education Monitoring Report)
• The role of public education and lifelong learning systems in achieving the environmental goals – government perspective
• Closing remarks: Robert Napier (European Students’ Union – ESU)