Online event – 3.6. 10:30 am to 12:00 pm (Paris time)
Adult learning and education is a fertile ground, not only for the provision of skills, knowledge, and competencies for sustainable development, but also to promote just and social transformation as a whole. With our transnational workshop, bringing in perspectives from all over the world and including indigenous people, on issues such as climate justice and learning to deal with the effects of climate change as well as empowering people to take action for a just green transition, we aim to contribute to the discussions at and around the UNEP’s Stockholm+50 conference and show why greening and sustainable development needs more adult learning and education.
The event will take place online (a Zoom link will be provided on registration) on the 3rd of June, from 10.30 to 12.00 CEST, and will be hosted by the European Association for the Education of Adults (EAEA), the International Council for Adult Education (ICAE) and SOLIDAR/SOLIDAR Foundation.
10.30 – 10.35: Welcome (moderator: Gustav Fridolin, adult educator and former Minister for Education of Sweden)
10.35 – 10.40: Introduction to the issue
10.40 – 10.50: 3-4 short stories (2-3 mins each) by video
- climate justice action in developing countries
- cultural and social impact of climate change on indigenous people – example of the Sami
- farmers in rural areas adapting to climate change
10.50 – 11.30: Round table discussion with panelists
- Fergal Finnegan, Maynooth University
- Nevenka Bogataj, Slovenian Institute for Adult Education
- Tarja Halonen, former President of Finland
- Elisa Gambardella, SOLIDAR Foundation
11.30 – 11.50: Discussion with the audience
11.50 – 12.00: Conclusions and wrap-up